Monday, June 06, 2005

Nats Blog: The Early Years ...

... well, early half-year, anyway. Our six-month anniversary came and went without much fanfare recently, but it's not too late to take a look back at some of the memorable moments from our beginnings -- the times we laughed, the times we whined, and yes, even the times we cried.

November 2004

"I said the worst possible thing Bowden could do would be to, oh...sign Vinny Castilla and Christian Guzman. Thanks Jim, for making me a genius. You ass."

"I have no friggin idea who Endy Chavez is. But I too know he must go. Why? Because the Phillies are interested in him. He must be a loser."

"You are wrong on Robinson. He is good at convincing players to bunt a runner up a base. Like Cabrera and Vidro Back-to-Back bunting endy Chavez toward Third base so Tony batista can fly out with a man on third. Get used to it boys..."

"Mr. Sheehan, I knew Pat Meares. Pat Meares was on my fantasy team. Guzman is no Pat Meares. "

"Linda Cropp's voting yes. Her silly ass is no longer a problem."

December 2004

"[A]sking for a war of math is really asking for a world of hurt."

"I came here to shatter dreams and chew bubble gum....and I'm all out of bubble gum"

"A balanced, diversified portfolio of kickbacks, graft, bribes, embezzlement, asset mismanagement, misappropriation, accounting irregularties, sinecures and cronyism should raise the 140 extra-large in no time."

January 2005

"I am pretty much a loser." (an obsession begins ...)

"Jayson Stark is reporting that the Nationals won't have new owners until at least July. This should give Jim Bowden just enough time to unload Brad Wilkerson and Jose Vidro at the trading deadline in exchange for Albert Belle, two players to be named later, and a stack of low-fat American cheese and a quarter pound of Havarti with Dill."

"the smell of Swiss everywhere"

February 2005

Lord knows I worked very hard in college to waste as much time as possible in front of things like SportsCenter, Tecmo Bowl, and Birdie King. I am convinced that if the Internet as we know it existed back then, I would be incarcerated right now.

Endy is bad for you. Sure, I know how attractive guys with fast wheels can be. They look flashy running around the bases and give you a thrill with their outlaw (base-stealing) behavior. But you got to get on first base to steal, honey, you really do. And a guy like that is only going to cost you runs when you need them most. I'm only telling you because I want you to be happy. I want all of us to be happy. He's not right for you, and you should wake up - at least by April - and dump him before he causes you pain.

March 2005

"Please let's not turn into a bunch of Orioles fans before the season even starts . . ."

April 2005

"[C]oming from Phillies country is like being a dissident from Soviet Armenia in the 1980s -- you don't look back fondly."

"What guys like Robinson and [Joe] Morgan have against "statistics" I don't understand. They had pretty good ones. I'm not sure how we are supposed to tell them from anyone else otherwise. Now, Cristian Guzman. He must hate statistics. "

"That little shortstop f***! "Oh, hell make it up for his bat with his glove." Well F*** that! Bench the b***ard! I'm so sick of it!

"[T]he scoreboards were often wrong as usual. Seriously, it's a team of monkeys isn't it? You can tell us. Llamas? Emus? Something fluffy? "

May 2005

"[I]f "PAP" were any guide, Livan would have lost a limb on like August 21, 1998."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home