Sunday, June 05, 2005

ERV Boxscore for June 4, vs. Florida

Just call this one the game of delinquents. Marlon Byrd (allegedley) takes down one ump while charging another, Schneider acts like a petulent Little Leaguer on his failed bunt, and apparently Ohka earned a fine for contempt for his reaction to being pulled in the fourth. But guess what? We won, and easily for the first time in a while. I'm willing to look the other way.

Notes:

-- On the Byrd play, I'm not sure the "contact with the ump" rule should apply when the ump initiates the contact. If anyone should know how to argue against a suspension, it should be Frank, since he was once the judge.

-- Schneider's failure to run can be scored in ERV. He got minus 0.57 for the bunt, and another minus 0.60 for failing to run and causing a DP. I assumed that the pitcher would have caught the ball if he had been running.

ERV Win: Castilla and Johnson
ERV Loss: Mota and Cabrera

3 Most Valuable Plays:
(1) Castilla's Double in the 1st (2.17)
(2) Bennett's GIDP in the 4th (-1.83)
(3) Johnson's Single in the 5th (1.71)



Click on boxscore for larger image

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this site. I have a lot of reading to do!

I was wondering if you know where there is a graphic representation of all the homers hit at RFK. I am convinced that center field is the place homers go to die and I haven't seen a single HR hit over the fence from the right edge of the PNC Bank sign to the left edge of the GEICO sign. All HRs go into the bullpens or the area right next to the bullpens.

So, any hit charts for all of the HRs at RFK?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger DM said...

Defensive indifference is allocated to Team Running and Team Fielding, so no player gets credit or debit. That play in the ninth was worth 0.08 RV and 0.02 WV, so the defense was right to be indifferent!

I also have to say that Frank has done VERY well in pulling ineffective starters this year.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger DM said...

Anonymous,

I know each individual Gameday report on the MLB. com site shows a hit chart, but I'm not aware of a cumulative chart for all games. It would be interesting, even though the sample size is small now. I agree with your anecdotal observation that CF seems to be a dead zone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home