Monday, November 22, 2004

The Nats - It's Official

Brian Schneider is pumped about the Expos' new name and home. Quoth Mr. Schneider "Yes, I believe I would have a higher OBP if I was on a team named the Nationals. I mean, after all, if you're playing for a team with a silly name like the Expos, you just want to hack at pitches and get off the field as soon as possible. Now, with this new name and classy logo, I will be more patient at the plate, if only to show off how marvelous I look."

So maybe I am making that up. But I've already been on record as preferring the Nationals name. It's historic (it was the official name of the old Washington team, not the Senators); they do after all play in the National League; and Nats is a pretty cool short form. So I'm sure that Ball-Wonk isn't so pleased, but I like it.

Note also that the proposed 1974 Washington DC team - which got to bubble gum card phase - didn't get this far. I mean, we've got a logo now, and nothing can stop baseball coming back to DC.

Well, almost nothing.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Linda Cropp's voting yes. Her silly ass is no longer a problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home