Monday, April 04, 2005

You call that tough ...

SuperNoVa, you must be kidding. I had to watch the Nats play my team, the Phils. Couldn't avoid the conflict.

How'd I do? Nats all the way, baby. I didn't realize it until I pumped my fist when Horgan struck out Abreu and Thome with the bases loaded in the sixth.

I used the immigrant metaphor on this blog early on (I'm sure that's where Brooks got it). I guess coming from Phillies country is like being a dissident from Soviet Armenia in the 1980s -- you don't look back fondly.

BTW, I watched the game at work intermittently, and it seemed like every time I checked in the Phils had the bases loaded. It may be a loooong season ...

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger SuperNoVa said...

Any game in which Nick Johnson doesn't go down with an injury has to be considered a kind of victory.

It's easy to transfer loyalties for you, DM. Your Phillies have been to the World Series 3 times in your lifetime and have won once...I mean, it's almost boring to be a Phillie fan by comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home