Thursday, June 16, 2005

We Talk About the Nats Off the Blog, Too

Posting of an IM session between SNV and Dexy's (enhanced with links):

SuperNoVa: How about Drese?
Dexy’s: that is something!!!
SuperNoVa: Unbelievable....by the way, I only watched like 2 innings
Dexy’s: I was SOOOO pissed that ESPN blacked out the game
SuperNoVa: First inning I watched included Schneider's HR
SuperNoVa: Schneider LOVES it when I watch him play.
Dexy’s: I didn't see a single pitch...I had scheduled my night around watching...[Dexy's wife] was in NY, I was all set to relax and watch it
SuperNoVa: I've caught 3 of his 4 HR (2 live at RFK, 1 last night)
Dexy’s: what impresses me the most from looking at the box score is that he only had 98 pitches in those 8 innings
SuperNoVa: yup
Dexy’s: almost surprised Frank didn't keep him in!
SuperNoVa: I have to say, despite his stats, Schneider is the player that has grown on me the most
SuperNoVa: I thought Wilkerson would be my favorite, but Schneider is really endearing himself to me
Dexy’s: well, even though they don't hit regularly, both catchers do have some big hits to their credit this year
Dexy’s: the guys most surprising to me, how much I like them I mean, are actually Majewski and Ayala
Dexy’s: these guys (knock on wood) have really wildly exceeded expectations
SuperNoVa: Well, Ayala had a great year last year, too
SuperNoVa: Majewski is more found money
Dexy’s: a team like the Nats needs found money
Dexy’s: if you would have told me we would GAIN ground on the NL East from our Angels series (with the other teams playing the A's, M's, Cubs & Rangers), I would have thought you were crazy
SuperNoVa: No kidding
SuperNoVa: 3 games.....that's closing in on the definition of a LEAD
Dexy’s: in fact, of the other 5 divisions, 3 of them are closer or the same as the Nats three game lead
Dexy’s: if we could go 6-3 on this road trip...that would be a wow
SuperNoVa: It would be more of a "cool!" than a "wow"
Dexy’s: maybe so
SuperNoVa: 7-2 would be a "wow"
Dexy’s: yeah
SuperNoVa: 8-1 would be a "WHOA!"
Dexy’s: 7-2 and you would see that tradesports money start to flow into the Nats
SuperNoVa: I'm going to post this chat session
Dexy’s: lol, ok

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger lordscarlet said...

Get DirecTV and you can watch all the games. :) (disclaimer: I have no idea if you can see ALL the games with MASN, but this game was on)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home