Thursday, June 16, 2005

ERV Boxscore for June 15, vs. Anaheim

I still can't breathe. Chad Cordero not only was playing with fire tonight, he was spitting gasoline in it. When Erstad was held at third on Anderson's single, I thought that might come back to haunt the Angels.

Notes:

-- Ryan Drese's 7.07 WV game is the best for any Nats starter this year. Ironically, he knocked Tomo Ohka's 6.80 from Memorial Day off the perch.

-- Just two more wins and we guarantee a 500 record at the halfway point.

ERV Win: Drese and Cordero
ERV Loss: Finley, McPherson & Molina

3 Most Valuable Plays:
(1) Finley's K in the 9th (-2.78)
(2) McPherson's K in the 9th (-2.77)
(3) Molina's F8 in the 9th (-2.67)


Click on boxscore for larger image

7 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surprised when they held Erstad at third, too, but I think that with no outs they were expecting a sac fly to occur sometime in the near future. I'm surprised Scioscia didn't pull out his smallball manual to try and manufacture a run or two.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger ProfPTJ said...

How were you able to watch the game? ESPN2 was supposed to be carrying it, but they showed As-Mets instead. Since I have Comcast -- damn cable monopolies anyway -- that was my only chance to watch a Nats game until next weekend.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger DM said...

I watched it on DirecTV, which carries MASN. I believe you can also watch it on MLB.TV, though some of us (like me) are blacked out there, but others aren't.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

I'm really surprised Schneider's values aren't higher considering their importance.

I guess that's accounting for the timing of his hit, and some other ugly ABs.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger DM said...

I'll check it, but I know his HR was worth 1.20 WV. All the other at bats were high leverage situations too, given the tie score, so they probably offset that HR.

Also, the visiting team WV is always slightly lower than the home team, because the home team has one more inning to tie or win the game. Also, interestingly, in most cases the run to go up 2 is worth more than the run to go up 1.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger DM said...

da kine,

I understanding the thinking on holding Erstad, but he would have at least drawn a throw home, which means its 2nd & 3rd, 1 out in the worst case, and you still have the sac fly.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Harper said...

I was following on MLB gamecast and my exact thought pattern was: "they really need a strikeout right now" "Oh good. Finley is coming up" When the body goes, it goes in a hurry. (Vinny Castilla...your ride is here)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home