Sunday, June 12, 2005

ERV Boxscore for June 12, vs. Seattle

I got on a plane at 11:50 AM, so I couldn't watch this game. I arrived at my hotel around 4:30, so I turned on the TV to get a score. On TBS, they were scrolling through the scores on the ticker during the Braves game. I waited patiently -- the Nats score was one of the last to come up. When it did, I felt foolish. Another one-run win, save by Cordero. I should know better by now.

Notes:

-- I watched the MLB.tv highlights for judgment calls, so some are reflected in this boxscore, and I may watch the rest of the game tonight. If any thinks a great play might be missing, let me know in comments.

-- Why did Majewski bat?

-- With this win, we have tied the Playoff Pace. When we dropped to 5 games behind Playoff Pace two weeks ago, I thought we'd never see this day, let alone see it in 2 weeks.

-- Ichiro had a tough game. 5 chances to get his 1,000 hit and he can't do it, plus he failed in a lot of key situations.

ERV Win: Armas
ERV Loss: Ichiro

3 Most Valuable Plays:

(1) Spivey's HR (1.83)
(2) Ibanez's Double (1.78)
(3) Dobbs PH Double (1.25)




Click on boxscore for larger image

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

Do you really need to ask why Did Majewski bat? :) That's Frank being Frank.

They wanted to stretch Majewski out for two innings, because otherwise they would've had to go to Carrasco/Tucker as a bridge to Ayala in the 9th.

With the heart of the order up in the 5th, there really wasn't a good Double Switch possibility.

It was just a numbers crunch and Frank's supreme confidence in his bullpen, I guess.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger DM said...

I ask out of a faint hope that it was the "new" Frank, and to establish that I do question his moves when the team is winning. :)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger DM said...

Like I said Friday, winning is like money -- when you have a bunch, you stop counting the change from the cashier. Majewski batting is a couple bucks we were shorted.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

To torture that analogy to the fullest extent, then Frank owes us about $20 bucks!

Even Everett Dirksen would acknowledge that we're starting to talk about real money! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home