Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Even Strat-O-Matic Likes to Pummel Guzman

For my birthday, my sister bought me the book Strat-O-Matic Fanatics by Glenn Guzzo, about the man, Hal Richman, who created Strat-O-Matic baseball board game. On page 217, Guzzo describes the "coffee klatch" where the Strat guys gave out fielding ratings for the 2003 cards (1 being the best, 5 being the worst). Check this out:

"Christian [sic] Guzman, SS: He is reduced to a 3 and the notes suggest this may not be temporary: 'Inconsistent play. Lack of intensity. Questionable future.'"

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't think Bodes plays Strat, unfortunately. And I gues someone should tell Hal Richman he has to go through Boswell first.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is a little late, but APBA strikes me as pretty inferior to Strat in most repects despite being a fine game.

In particular, APBA doesn't account for how different hitters hit against righties and lefties. For instance, some righties can't hit lefties and others do just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home