Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bad Omens

I was traveling again yesterday, sitting in LaGuardia at game time. I had wireless internet, so I fired up MLB.tv, only to find I was blacked out. I missed the big Nats banner in the US Airways terminal, though. I turn to Gameday, and I see the following words "Cristian Guzman bunts ground out into double play." Then, Joey Eischen is pitching in the 3rd inning. But we are ahead 2-1, and I board the plane ...

... I get to my car at National and turn on Charlie & Dave: "... and he just couldn't get it down. He's really not doing anything right. So, one out and Brian Schneider still on first base ..." No indication of the score, but the tone of C&D's voice is somber, so I'm convinced we are losing. The inning ends, and, much to my surprise, it's tied 4-4. But I think C&D knew what we all knew. I was sitting at an Exxon station when the ball went through Vinny's legs, and when I get home, another omen, for later in the week: Astros 11, Pirates 1 ...

... Plus, I am in an ERV Boxscore slump, falling 2 1/2 games behind. But I can make that up tonight or tomorrow pretty easily. The Nats, on the other hand, might have a steeper climb ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home