Wednesday, November 24, 2004

If You Don't Read The Comments...

You are missing exchanges like this (in response to Dexy's post on Tom Verducci's article):

At 5:50 PM, SuperNoVa said...
Check the link - Diane Franklin is actually f***ing hot! I didn't like her much when Better off Dead was actually out, but she looks really good now.

At 9:09 AM, Don Money said...
Ah, the blog, where a solid analysis of potential pickups for the Nats is ignored in favor of an link to a website about a washed-up 80s actress. We are a bunch of distracted 3-year-olds.

At 9:13 AM, Don Money said...
Cormier -- For the love of God, please no Rheal Cormier! In addition to being a so-so pitcher, he takes FOREVER to pitch. I seriously cannot watch him pitch without TiVo.

At 9:35 AM, SuperNoVa said...
I like Rheal Cormier as a bit of nostalgia...a taste of Montreal. We took the Expos out of Quebec, but there's still a little of Quebec in the Expos.

DM, I'd be shocked, shocked if any of those 10 wound up in the Nats' pajamas. My case on that point is so strong that I feel that I can waste the blog audience's time rating the superhunks commenting on the attractiveness of 80's actresses.
(if you don't get that one, you're not so Money, Don)

At 11:27 AM, dexys_midnight said...
one of my all-time favorite lines and if Simpsons junkie, DM, doesn't get that, I'll be as shocked as Christian Guzman was after he heard his agent said "yeah! They're really going to pay you THAT much money!"

I must have soft spot for the cute, understated movie women who like sports and don't treat guys like crap--so I always thought Diane Franklin was way hotter than the blonde in that movie.

I kid you not, according to imdb.com, Diane Franklin got to sing the national anthem at Dodger Stadium this year.

At 11:38 AM, Don Money said...
Yep, caught the "rating the superhunks" line, nice work SNV.

My question is: Is there really a difference between "Better Off Dead" and "The Sure Thing"? Is it the same as the difference between David Dellucci and Matt Mieske?

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cormier ain't from Quebec, he's an Acadian. That's another brand of French-Canadian. But hey, who am I anyways? ;-)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger SuperNoVa said...

Damn you, Anonymous!

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Dr. Shweta Malik said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was fun reading it. :-)

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Chronic Bronchitis said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home