Friday, July 01, 2005

Misleading Fact of the Day!

Right now on the Nats' clubhouse at ESPN, there is a blurb that reads:
The Nationals are 10-5 since acquiring 2B Junior Spivey from Milwaukee on June 10 for pitcher Tomo Ohka. 'Everyone here wants to win and we have one goal in mind, and that's to get to the playoffs,' said Spivey, who has two game-winning RBI for the Nationals.

Mind you, that 10-5 record is a dropoff from the Nats' previous 15 games, in which they went 13-2. The Nats are three games worse with Spivey on the team!

Not to say that I think the Nats are actually worse with Spivey, but my intelligence was so insulted by that particular factoid that I had to share.

/rant
[Geek Speak for "end of rant" You see, in HTML, you have "tags" for text, like "b" for bold. You "close" the "tag" by putting a slash in front of it, like "/b" to end the bold text. Thus, by saying "/rant", I am "closing" my "rant" "tag." It's very funny, believe me. There are people all over the Internet laughing hysterically at my cleverness.]

[Worst. Bracketed Paragraph. Ever.]

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger DM said...

Yep. We're also 23-6 since Vinny started hitting like Guzman. By that reasoning, we should hope that Vinny gets down to Wil Cordero's level as fast as possible.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Harper said...

I sure hope Castilla hits like Cordero. We're undefeated when Cordero starts at first. I hope Nick Johnson is out forever.

And I've been meaning to mention this but this franchise is much better off for letting Vlad and Javy Vasquez go. In 2003 they were only 43-36 after 79 games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home