Monday, February 07, 2005

Frustration

I generally share BallWonk's view that we should now turn our attention to baseball, but I must make one observation on the demise of my Eagles last night that some in the MSM don't seem too eager to make: Donovan McNabb has a propensity to really blow the big games, and last night was the most glaring example. Not just be a non-factor, but be a net negative to his team. And it's not like he is new to the spotlight: he played poorly in each of the Eagles' NFC championship losses (though, in fairness, he was injured early against Carolina). I felt like I was watching the game three years ago against the Rams all over again. Last night he looked unprepared, made bad decisions, and executed poorly. I wanted a football version of ERV scoring to determine just how many points he cost the team last night.

Anyhow (as Ken Beatrice would say), on to spring training ...



3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

I don't know if you've run across Football Outsiders yet (www.footballoutsiders.com, conveniently enough).

They're trying to analyze play-by-play data to determine these sorts of things--that a 5-yard run isn't the same on 3rd and 6 as it is on 3rd and 4.

I haven't checked it out post-SB, but I'm sure there's plenty of McNabb-bashing going on. Damn, he stunk.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger DM said...

Thanks, Chris. I've seen Football Outsiders, but never had the time to review it in depth.

As for McNabb's illness, that makes this game more the like NFC champ against Carolina, where he apparently was too hurt to be of much use.

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McNabb was not ill - the Eagles just stink, as does Philly and the rest of the state

 

Post a Comment

<< Home