Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Taking Up A Collection

Barry Svrluga gives Nats fans some hope this morning by reporting that Jim Bowden is meeting with the Red Sox about their open general manager's position. Apparently, the Red Sox will be interviewing four candidates, of which Jimmy B. is one.

Let's hope that Jimmy B. dazzled the Red Sox ownership group with his recent San Diego heist. Good grief, the San Diego job might have fulfilled dual purposes: the Red Sox may have eliminated Kevin Towers from their list of candidates and started to believe that there may be something to this Bowden character.

So I was thinking...what could we as Nats fans do to make Bowden more attractive to the Red Sox? Agree to take on part of his salary! I mean, what if we paid $437 or $638 of his salary? Wouldn't that help? Wouldn't the Red Sox be crazy to turn that down?

I'm starting off the donations myself. I will donate one unused ticket to Game 5 of the 2005 World Series to the cause. Estimated eBay value: $40 or so.

Who else is up? El Gran Naranja? DM? Dexy's? Ball-Wonk, I know you can afford it, with that fancy web site and all. Dig deep, it's a worthy cause.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Harper said...

I'll toss in my "Rick Short 4 Eva" T-shirt (since it is tatooed on my chest) and the very rare "Thank you for accepting a position with MVN to write about the Nats" email.

Street value (combined) : $5.67

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger DM said...

I'll donate my ticket stubs to the Friday game from the last weekend against the Phils. IIRC, that was the game we clinched a playoff spot, the one with the critical steal by Kenny Kelly, followed by Brandon Watson scoring from first on Preston Wilson's double to tie it, and Guzman's clutch single in the 7th, and Guillen's 500-foot blast in the Ninth. All the while Ryan Drese shut down the Phils, and the fellas carried a hobbling Vinny Castilla off the field after his game-winner to a standing ovation of 56,000 screaming fans. Remember that? Man that was somethin'. I may be off a bit on the details, seeing as they are unused tickets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home