Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Nats Fan Club Meeting - Tonight

Just spreading the news already spread by BallWonk!:
The Nats Fan Club will gather downtown at Fado on Wednesday evening, January 26, not long after 6:00. Here are the details:
Fado Irish Pub
808 7th Street NW
Washington, DC
(202) 789-0066
Half a block from the Gallery Place Metro stop
We at Nats Blog heartily endorse this event or product. Speaking of Fado, it raises a mystery I've never solved. I have traveled to Ireland and found that it is true that the Guinness tastes better in Ireland - it's a bit sweeter and thicker. Have they ever figured this one out?

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real mystery is how much better Murphy's tastes than Guiness. It blew my mind the first time I was in a pub in Killarney and, instead of sweet, delicious Guiness they served me an even better Murphy's. After tasting that pint of Murphy's, even fresh Irish Guiness tasted like Budweiser's darker cousin.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger SuperNoVa said...

You know, I think I had Murphy's in Kilkenny and I didn't like it compared to Guinness. Maybe the Murphy's in Killarney is better than the Murphy's in Kilkenny.

Dear readers, if you haven't been to Ireland, you should go. I'm not a bit Irish (Polish/Slovak/German for me), but I loved it. The vistas were breathtaking throughout the country and I had a terrific time. I'd particularly recommend heading up to Howth outside of Dublin as well as seeing the Inch Strand. My brother and I also had a great time watching a hurling match in Kilkenny and going on the Musical Pub Crawl in Dublin. Oh, the golf at the European Club in Wicklow is outstanding. Toughest course I've ever played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home