Monday, December 20, 2004

New Cropp Deal Near?

David Nakamura updated a story this evening indicating that Mayor Williams and Council Chairman Cropp are "nearing an agreement on the terms of a baseball stadium financing package that they said would probably satisfy Major League Baseball."

A couple of comments. An agreement with Linda Cropp is not worth the paper its printed on. As a matter of fact, she might take the paper its printed on, turn it over, and write up a new piece of legislation in her chicken scratch on the back. Second, "would probably satisfy" is an awful nebulous statement. If the "deal" doesn't include a 0% contribution by the team, it would probably not satisfy Major League Baseball.

Once again, Don Money is right. I'll believe it when I'm sitting in RFK with a beer in my hand, watching a game that counts in the standing involving a team that will play 81 games at home in DC.

[Edit - I noticed I posted this just after Don Money posted his comment. I'll leave mine up because it has a slightly different perspective].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home