Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Long Lines At The Nats Store

Ahhh, Capitalism. If there ever was a better argument for bringing the Expos to DC, I can't think of one than the long lines waiting to give the new DC team their money for acrylic, polyester or wool-based trinkets today.

I give you exhibit A, snapped with SuperNoVa's latest-model-now-you-keep-up-with-me-Mr.-Jones Treo 650 (R) cell phone-camera-palm pilot-GPS locator-food processing device:



(Mind you, we were still about 15 minutes away from getting inside at this point in the line).

SuperNoVa and Don Money parted ways with more than $250 total to buy, among other things, fitted road hats, pennants, coffee mugs, fleece Nationals v-necks, and kids-sized Nationals t-shirts (your kids can't read this blog, right, DM? I'm not ruining Christmas again this year, right?).

Although you can see the mock up of the Nats Pajamas at Ball-Wonk!, you need to see them in person to do them justice. They remind me of the Padres' new jerseys because of the gold beveling of the letters and numbers. I'll be honest, I could live without the beveling. I may prefer the road uniforms now that I've seen them in person, because the blue/gold combo is, how should I say it, less McDonaldsish.

5 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

What's the damage on one of the jerseys?

Do they have a financing department? :)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger SuperNoVa said...

The jerseys will only cost you two bills...but those bills will have to have Ben Franklin's picture on them. $199 each. Ouch.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

Geez... I don't usually pay that much for a suit :P

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

Be glad you're not paid as little as I am ;)

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger DM said...

Dexys, you're probably right about the new owners changing the logo/uniforms/hats etc. As I said when the logo came out, it is shockingly plain, but I like that, because it's not goofy and focused-group designed. I think the uniforms and the stuff looks pretty good, despite being plain. And when they change it, we who bought early will be marked as original fans :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home