Thursday, December 02, 2004

Jason Giambi - Must Be a Relief

I caught a brief bit of Tony Kornheiser this morning on the radio and heard that Jason Giambi's long nightmare concerning allegations of steroid use are over. From what I heard in traffic, I understand that Mr. Giambi is now in the "clear." It must be a relief.

Tony also said something about how Giambi used to be the "cream" of the American League or something. I agree, Mr. Giambi certainly put up some great statistics in 1999-2002. His home run production certainly lept up in 2000, right before he signed a lucrative multi-year contract with the Yankees. He seemed to fall off in 2003 and 2004, however.

Something also was said about Giambi experiencing "human growth." Yes. I do believe that we can learn a lot and become better people because of our adversity. What does not kill us makes us stronger. Although steroids make you stronger, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home