Saturday, July 09, 2005

Luis Ayala

I was going to type about a few things last night, but my computer froze and I lost it all. So instead I will focus on the one pitcher that is really starting to worry me a little, and that is Luis Ayala.
Clearly, Luis is one of the major plus factors of our season that has helped us get where we are, but it is a bit troubling just how far he has fallen off in the last month or so.
Let's take a look at Luis's stats on June 18, just three weeks ago:
2.25 ERA, 40 IP, 41 H , 2 BB for a 1.08 WHIP

Ayala has had 11 appearances since then. His stats:
13 IP, 8 ER (and has let some inherited runners score as well) for a 5.54 ERA and 20 H & 6 BB for a dreadful 2.00 WHIP.

It's only two games until the all-star break, but if I were Frank, there is no chance that Luis comes in over the next two days. Let the guy rest and hopefully he comes back from the all-star break refreshed.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

Good news! His grandmother's sick, so he headed home early.

Take your time, Luis! Take your time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home