Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Our all-stars?

So, here is the question: who will our all-stars be?
My guess is Livan and Cordero (Chad, not Wil :-p ) definitely. But who else? Anyone?

The only potential one would be Nick Johnson of course. But I fear Nick will be towards the top of the snub list. Derrick Lee and Albert Pujols are absolute locks. Assume there is a third player and you probably give the edge to Carlos Delgado. There is also the potential of a pick going to a team that needs a player, like Milwaukee's Lyle Overbay (although SuperNova thinks Carlos Lee is getting in) and Colorado's Todd Helton now that Barmes is injured (although I think Preston Wilson gets that pick--SuperNova mentioned the possibility of a guy like Brian Fuentes, who I think would instantly go to the top of any argument of worst all-star ever: a reliever with a 1-3 record, 2.91 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and only 7 saves).

Anyway, I hate to say it, but our debateable mid-season MVP may be taking a much needed rest in a couple of weeks.
p.s. Nice win today, and great job by Hector getting out of that HUGE jam.

4 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Chris Needham said...

One candidate for the worst reliever jumps to mind.

Mike Williams in 2003. He made it with an ERA over 6

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Broo said...

I think Jose has a great shot at a bid as a reserve because of the tear he's been on lately.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Broo -- I was thinking that too but then wondering about the history/dynamics, if any, between LaRussa and Scioscia. The politics are beyond/unknown to me, but I bet they matter.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous da kine said...

I know they don't have a rookie walk-on role in the All Star Game, but if they did Ryan Church would be strutting his stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home