Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Headlines, get your Headlines

So, SNV and I were chatting about a flight he was taking, which got me on pun central regarding the new team.

What I am looking for here is ideas for potential headlines for the Nationals that the Post or the Times can eat up and make the rest of us groan.

The two that came to mind right off the bat (pun intended) that I mentioned to SNV were:

When the first free agent bolts from the team:
"Flight out of Nationals"

and when the team can't seem to ever score more than a couple of runs:
"Nationals plain; rather Dulles"

Fire away with more, our loyal readers.

5 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger DM said...

"Braves Swat Nats"
"Phils Swat Nats"
"Mets Swat Nats"
etc.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Baseball Fan will their official beer be "Natty Light"??

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger tmk67 said...

I'm just dreading the headline that coins the phrase "National Nation" for fan base. My guess is we see it April 17th.

But if we are surprisingly in the Wild Card race, how about:

"Pesky Nats Chase Dodgers"

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the first sign that says
"The Nation".


Yeah, The Nation. I can get behind that, even if there's some dopey magazine already laying claim to it.. :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous DM's woman said...

As wife of DM I have tried to stand back and, well, let DM shine in his own light by way of this oh so clever forum.

Alas I can no longer remain silent . . .

With no offense to anyone, the Wash Post beat writer for the Nats is JUST AWFUL (Barry Svrluga)

Please please -- no more tired sports cliches about how no one has really ever heard of these guys but gosh golly come the middle of the season we're all going to know them . . . he's written this same tired story in 15 different venues.

Enough already . . .

Please let's not turn into a bunch of Orioles fans before the season even starts . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home