Monday, December 13, 2004

I love the sheer balls of this!

In a recent article about the Nats "trade talks" for Sammy Sosa, it was stated that the Nats are still looking at acquiring Corky, *cough,* Sammy. But according to the same article, here is the Nats offer: we would like Sammy if and only if we a) don't have to give anyone up in exchange and b) the Cubs pay his entire salary.

Wow. Moose, Rocco, help the Judge find his pen. I'm sure the Cubs can't sign the paperwork on that fast enough :-p

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger tmk67 said...

Jayson Statk reports on ESPN that the trade discussed would be Wilkerson for Sosa. Combine that with Wil Cordero (?!) and the Nats will be well on their way to leading the league in one-run HRs with a league-low OBP.

This is talk for talk's sake. Kornheiser once compared Bowden's tenure as GM to the TV show "Supermarket Sweep", a rush to put items in the cart in one minute. It is an apt analogy!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger dexys_midnight said...

perfect, Bowden said we won't give up anyone who is part of our long-term plans. Glad to see one of their best young players isn't part of any long-term plan. Way to go Jim.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Mike said...

My name is Mike Berquist and I have a blog devoted to my favorite team, the Phillies. I was checking out other blogs and I came cross yours. I wanted to ask if you'd be willing to check out my site and put in a link to mine on your site. I'd be happy to reciprocate.

Title: A Citizens Blog
http://philliesblog.blogspot.com

Contact me at citizensblog@yahoo.com

Good luck!

Thanks,

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home